5.08.2006

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was our first wedding anniversary and the mister and I went out to fancy dinner at Lark. It's been awhile since we splurged on an expensive meal and I was actually feeling nausea-free, so we went balls out. Here what we had:

*White asparagus salad with anchovy
and soft-boiled duck egg
*Chicken liver parfait
with candied walnuts and eau de vie prunes (i love chopped chicken liver - my grandmother always served it as a appetizer before family dinners when I was a little girl.)

*Yellowstone river paddlefish caviar
with rosti potatoes and clabber cream (this one was the stinker of the bunch - the caviar just disappeared into the potatoes)
*Cavatelli with wild nettles,
cream and bottarga di tonno (bottarga di tonno is dried and shaved tuna roe)

*Seared Sonoma foie gras
with marinated Yakima asparagus
*Rotisserie leg of lamb
with tapenade and roasted spring onions (this one was my favorite, it was the best lamb I have ever had)

At Lark you order small plates and share them. We left feeling totally happy and satiated. It was a great way to celebrate a sweet first year of marriage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home