7.02.2006

Jenny Lind



Jenny Lind was a Swedish Opera singer known as the "Swedish Nightengale". She was famous in Europe in the 1840's and was brought to the United States by P.T. Barnum and toured the Eastern US to great acclaim. While she was in the states, she was known to have slept in a bed with turned spindles. Due to her incredible popularity, a line of cribs were created in the 1850's with vertical turned spindles and called the Jenny Lind crib.



I learned all of this recently as I was registering for Smidge. Jenny Lind cribs are still available from Babies R Us to Target to my new personal favorite and registry destination the Land of Nod. The crib converts into a toddler bed, too.

I also registered for the Jenny Lind bookcase, which I love. You can really see the spindles in this photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home